1. (TCO 1) Historical research involves four main tasks. Discover refers to the task of: (Points: 4)
locating primary sources to learn the facts
asking questions like "Who created the source and why?"
analyzing all the available primary sources and judging which is the most accurate
distributing the new findings to the world
2. (TCO 6) The United States entered World War I because it: (Points: 4)
had to honor alliance commitments
desired to acquire territory, especially colonies
was hostile to German submarine warfare and German militarism
was interested in building up its military establishment
3. (TCO 5) Nicholas II of Russia abdicated the throne following: (Points: 4)
the Bolshevik takeover
the return of Lenin to Russia
both of the above
the failure of his troops to put down demonstrations in Petrograd
4. (TCO 5) What event marked the beginning of World War II? (Points: 4)
the Nazi-Soviet Pact
the German invasion of Poland
Germany's annexation of the Sudetenland
5. (TCO 9) The Cold War got hot, or flared up into actual fighting, in: (Points: 4)
6. (TCO 9) During the Cuban Missile Crisis, the U.S. and the Soviet Union were led by: (Points: 4)
Reagan and Gorbachev
Reagan and Khrushchev
Kennedy and Castro
Kennedy and Khrushchev
7. (TCO 8) Why did some European nations decide to limit welfare state benefits in the 1980s and 1990s? (Points: 4)
They were worried about rapidly rising GDPs.
They feared the loss of pensions and other benefits.
The increase in regional cooperation caused a recession and high inflation.
Social welfare programs brought high taxes and more government regulation.
8. (TCO 6) Bangladesh is: (Points: 4)
home to thousands of Muslim radicals who fled Afghanistan
the site of a long conflict with the Soviet Union and mujahedin rebels
the former eastern part of Pakistan, and one of the world's poorest nations
a mountainous region with a small population
9. (TCO 2) Which Middle Eastern country is the site of the Kabbah, Islam's holiest site, and the world's largest oil producer? (Points: 4)
10. (TCO 2) Following the Arab-Israeli 1967 war: (Points: 4)
the Israelis and Palestinians agreed to negotiate
the Israelis demanded direct negotiations, and the Arabs demanded Israeli withdrawal from the occupied territories prior to negotiations
the Arabs demanded Israeli withdrawal from the occupied territories and face-to-face negotiations
the United States and U.S.S.R. negotiated a settlement to the conflict
11. (TCO 4) One problem that arose in East Germany after reunification was: (Points: 4)
the presence of U.S. troops
lack of support for the EU
a lack of national pride
12. (TCO 4) In addition to Leonid Brezhnev, who died in 1982, who of the following served during the 1980s as general secretary of the Soviet Communist party and as president? (Points: 4)
all of the above
13. (TCO 7) Al-Qaeda was organized to: (Points: 4)
destroy the World Trade Center
expel U.S. businesses and military power from Saudi Arabia
support the Taliban government
spread Islamic fundamentalism to Europe and the United States
Number 1 (TCO 1)
Distributing the new findings to the world
Number 2 (TCO 6)
Was hostile to German submarine warfare and German Militarism
Number 3 (TCO 5)
The failure of his troops to...
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.