I want to get 40 question's answers. Each questions have 2 to 4?choices. I want to get answers 7 hours later.
23. 24. Columbus initially arrived on the island that is now Puerto Rico on his ______ voyage. First,
Second, Third, or Fourth?
The primary indigenous tribe occupying Puerto Rico when Columbus arrived were the: Tiano,
Guarani, Yuman, or Tlingit-Haida?
Plena refers to: 1.a vocal and call response style that is in much of Latin music, 2. slow, refined
dances that were adaptations of 19th century European aristocratic dances such as the waltz
and mazurka, 3. traditional Puerto Rican songs that had instrumental accompaniment that
included panderetas (hand-held drums), congos, bongos, and guiros, or 4. traditional Puerto
Rican rhythm and drum with characteristic 1-measure rhythmic pattern.?
Puerto Rico?s anthem, ?La Borinque?a,? has its roots in which music genre/style? son, danza,
plena, or bomba?
Which of the Puerto Rican instruments appears to be the sole surviving instrument of the Taino
Indians? son, plena, guiro, or bomba?
Which one of the following musicians was born in Puerto Rico? Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin,
Marc Anthony, or Tito Puente?
Which one of the following musicians was born in Cuba? Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Marc
Anthony, or Gloria Estefan?
Which one of the following musicians was victim of a failed political assassination attempt? Bob
Marley, Ricky Martin, Marc Anthony, or Gloria Estefan?
Reggae?s characteristic rhythmic treatment is based on _______meter. duple, triple, quadruple,
The characteristic ?salsa? drum consisting of metal cased tuned drums enhanced with wood
blocks, bells and cymbals is called the: guiro, timbales, montuono, or timpani?
Banda music is distinguished by the use of what instrument or instrument family? accordion,
brass, guittaron, or violin?
The American singer whose father was of Mexican ethnicity and who has performed and
recorded in multiple genres, including rock ?n? roll, jazz, traditional Mexican, and even classical
opera is: Selena, Linda Ronstadt, Lila Downs, or Tish Hinojosa?
Treatment of rhythm in Mexican-American music is best described as: very syncopated, or
Which one of the following guitars used in Mexican and Mexican-American music is the largest?
guittarun, bajo sexto, jaranas, or six-string acoustic?
Which one of the following guitars used in Mexican and Mexican-American music has twelve
strings? guittarun, bajo sexto, jaranas, or standard strung acoustic?
Which one of the following two Mexican-American bands has a name derived from the Nahuatl
word (the language of the Aztecs) for monkey? Los Lobos, or Ozomatli?
Which one of the following two Mexican-American bands has a name derived from the Spanish
word for wolves? Los Lobos, or Ozomatli?
In terms of structural characteristics, the most common form in Mexican-American music is:
strophic, aba, or aab?
Tejano originated as dance music: True or False?
Harmony in Mexican-American music is primarily derived from European-based scales. True or
?Gangsta? rap is credited most strongly with: East Coast Rap, or West Coast Rap?
The rap artist who created ?The Message? is: Grandmaster Flash, Tupac Shakur, Enimem, or
The person who is most closely associated with rap?s origins and who had immigrated to the
U.S. from Jamaica and lived in the Bronx area of New York is: Grandmaster Flash, Tupac
Shakur, Enimem, or Kool Herc?
Music executive Russell Simmons established the Hip-Hop Summit in: 1981, 1991, 2001, or
2011? 25. An aspect of traditional African cultures that is reflected in Rap is: the process of ?syndesis?, the
rhymed and rhythmic speaking of griots, the rhymed and rhythmic speaking of paralinguists, or
all of the above?
26. In hip hop, the practice of using existing records from which DJs would take excerpts to create
the background for their raps was called: creating flow, sampling, MCing, or DJing?
27. Which music genre dominated popular radio at the time rap started to emerge? disco, pop
music, rhythm ?n? blues, or teenybop music?
28. What was the main record that represented rap?s shift from party music to social commentary?
The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill, The Message, Rapper?s Delight, or Straight Outta Compton?
29. Rap that focused on racism against African American communities, including the attitudes of
police and government, is credited most strongly with: East Coast Rap, or West Coast Rap?
30. The most famous white rapper is: Grandmaster Flash, Tupac Shakur, Enimem, or Kool Herc?
31. Michael Campbell proposes that there are two trends occurring in popular music: fusions
(blending different stylistic elements) and attempts to protect and preserve older styles. True or
32. The Grammys were first presented in which year? 1949, 1959, 1969, or 1979?
33. What is the organization that is responsible for the Grammy Awards? The National Association
of Recording Arts and Sciences (NARAS) Correct), The American Society of Composers,
Artists, and Producers (ASCAP), BMI (Broadcast Music, Incorporated), or Association of
American Television Networks (AATN)?
34. Two artists are tied for ?second place? in terms of number of Grammy Awards. Which one of the
following is NOT one of those two artists? Alison Krauss, Quincy Jones, or Michael Jackson?
35. Which of the following nominees for the Grammy Awards 2013 ?Best New Artist? has Cajun
Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, Janelle Mona?, or Nate Ruess (of ?fun)?
36. Which of the following nominees for the Grammy Awards 2013 ?Best New Artist? did an interlude
on John Mayer?s ?Wildflower?? Frank Ocean, Hunter Hayes, Janelle Mona?, or Nate Ruess (of
37. How many nominees are on the final ballot in each of the main Grammy Award categories? 3, 5,
7, or 10?
38. One of the changes in the Grammy Awards as a result of the 2011 restructuring is that there are
now more awards possible. True or False?
39. One of the changes in the Grammy Awards as a result of the 2011 restructuring is the
consolidation of many of the genres studied in this book into a single category called ?Best
Regional Roots Music Album.? True or False?
40. All people who vote for the Grammys are required to vote based upon a balanced perspective
that includes the quality of the recording and sales/chart performance. True or False?
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.