1. According to the text, police agencies have only been in existence for less than ___________ years.
a. 300 ? ? ? ? b. 250 ? ? ? ? c. 200 ? ? ? ?d. 150
2. The Police Gazette did which of the following?
a. encouraged victims to report crimes ? ? ? ?b. published information about criminal activities ? ? ? ? ? c. listed stolen property ? ? ? ? d. All of the above.
3. August Vollmer and other reformers advocated which of the following agenda during the early 1900s?
a. Policing should be a profession that serves the community on a partisan basis. ? ? ? ? b. Politics should be eliminated from policing. ? ? ? ?c. Police operations should not be centralized. ? ? ? ? ? d. Police agencies should not be divided into specialized units.
7. Search warrants must be executed within a prescribed period of time, usually within _____________ days.
a. 30 ? ? ? ?b. 20 ? ? ? ? c. 10 ? ? ? d. 5
9. In an emergency situation, an investigator can obtain a search warrant by _____________.
a. fax ? ? ? ? ? b. phone ? ? ? ? ?c. text messaging ? ? ? ? ? d. e-mail
11. Which of the following is one of the standard negative-evidence defenses specified in the textbook?
a. The defendant did not commit the crime. It is a case of mistaken identity. ? ? ? ? ? ?b. The defendant did not commit the crime. The police work is faulty ? ? ? ? ? c. The defendant did commit the crime, but it was an accident. ? ? ? ? d. All of the above.
12. The method the courts use to uphold the constitutional protections against unreasonable searches and seizures, as well as to control the investigator?s actions and prevent illegally obtained evidence from being used at trial, is known as the __________ rule.
a. conclusively ? ? ? ? ?b. exclusionary ? ? ? ?c. inclusionary ? ? ? ?d. emergency
13. This type of search follows a chain of objects that are obviously evidence.
a. grid search ? ? ? ? b. ever-narrowing search ? ? ? ? c. point-to-point movement ? ? ? ?d. zone search
14. The advantage of a crime scene sketch that cannot be accomplished with any type of photography is the _____________.
a. unique ability of the artist comes through ? ? ? ? ?b. ability to improve lighting conditions ? ? ? ?c. elimination of unnecessary detail ? ? ? d. addition of missing or necessary detail
15. The first officers responding to a crime scene are responsible for making sure that the scene is safe for other personnel to enter the area. This step in the coordination of a crime scene is known as ____________.
a. neutralizing the scene ? ? ? ?b. crime scene security ? ? ? ? c. initializing the scene ? ? ? ? d. crime scene basics
16. Exchange of trace evidence between the suspect and the crime scene may include __________.
a. skin cells ? ? ? ? b. hairs ? ? ? ? c. dust ? ? ? ? d. All of the above.
17. Bacterial contamination becomes a strong possibility when transporting ___________ in plastic envelopes and bags.
a. clothing containing bloodstains ? ? ? ? b. hairs ? ? ? ? ?c. bullets ? ? ? d. pills
18. ____________ is a potentially lethal infectious disease more likely to be encountered at crime scenes.
a. Staphylococcus ? ? ? ?b. Tuberculosis ? ? ? ? c. Hepatitis B ? ? ? ? ?d. b and c only.
19. Glass, paint, shoe prints, fibers and tool marks are what sort of evidence?
a. individual evidence ? ? ? ?b. class evidence ? ? ? ? c. direct evidence ? ? ? ? ? ? ?d. a and c only.
25. The Automated Fingerprint Identification System has reduced the FBI?s criminal ten-print processing time from forty-five days with the inked card system to less than ___________.
a. one week ? ? ?b. two days ? ? ? c. six hours ? ? ? d. two hours
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.