1. In which oceanic zone would you find the highest water pressure?
2. Plate tectonics is the theory explaining the structure of the earth's crust and the resulting features and processes of the interaction of the plates that move slowly over the underlying mantle. There are four boundary zones that are created by these plate interactions. Which process is responsible for forming the islands of Japan?
a) Convergent boundary zones
b) Divergent boundary zones
c) Plate boundary zones
d) Transform boundary zones
3. In which zone would you expect to find the greatest abundance of marine organisms?
a) Middle intertidal zone
b) Supralittoral zone
c) High littoral zone
d) Low intertidal zone
4. Seasonal variations in ocean temperatures can impact the populations of living organisms in the ocean despite the high specific heat of water. How would herbivores initially be affected by these changes?
a) Due to the high specific heat of the ocean, the change in temperature would be small, so the phytoplankton population would thrive, allowing herbivores to decrease in number.
b) Due to the high specific heat of the ocean, there is not much temperature change, so there would be no impact on the phytoplankton population, and no impact on the number of herbivores.
c) Higher ocean temperatures allow for phytoplankton to bloom, increasing the food available to herbivores, allowing herbivores to increase in number.
d) Lower ocean temperatures allow for phytoplankton to bloom, increasing the food available to herbivores, allowing herbivores to increase in number.
5. What adaptations allow organisms to survive in the supralittoral zone of a rocky beach?
a) The ability to endure little sun exposure and to live underwater
b) The ability to endure both long periods of time without water and little sun exposure
c) The ability to both attach to solid materials and endure long periods of time without water
d) The ability to both attach to solid materials and endure long periods of time in low temperatures
6. Trichodesmium is a nitrogen-fixing cyanobacteria. Why might this cyanobacteria be important to other organisms in nitrogen-poor waters?
a) They convert atmospheric nitrogen (N2) to organic compounds including ammonia (NH3).
b) They convert inorganic nitrogen to ammonia (NH3) in the ocean.
c) They convert organic nitrogen compounds to into other nitrogen compounds
d) They convert nitrates from the water into nitrogen gas (N2) that is released into the atmosphere.
7. How does climate change affect the ocean ecosystem?
a) Climate change causes waves to be smaller in the Northern Hemisphere and larger in the Southern Hemisphere.
b) Climate change causes ocean currents to stop in the Northern Hemisphere and in the Southern Hemisphere.
c) Climate change increases temperatures in the ocean
d) Climate change decreases temperatures in the ocean.
8. You are on a field trip and are recording the amount of mass in a volume of water. What are you measuring?
a) The concentration of bacteria in seawater
b) The concentration of dissolved oxygen in seawater
c) The concentration of salt in seawater
d) The density of seawater
9. In general, how do most nutrients reach the mesopelagic and bathypelagic zones?
a) Nutrients sink into these zones from the epipelagic zone.
b) Nutrients diffuse into these zones from deeper water.
c) Nutrients are produced by phytoplankton living in these zones.
d) Nutrients are produced by zooplankton living in these zones.
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.