1. There has been a resurgence of the veil in several Middle Eastern societies over the past few years. How can we explain this change?
2. Give three examples of stratification and discuss each in relation to the notion of private ownership and surplus.
3. Explain why economic benefits and social privileges are unequally shared in human societies? When did it all start? What is it due to?
4. In the light of the concept of dehumanization, explain the relationship between majority and minority groups in various societies and use the examples from the texts and/or your research to support your argument.
5. How were the Nazis and the Khmer Rouge, comparable in their treatment and purge of undesirable citizens? Compare the use of poison and/or firing squad and the use of hard beating and hard labor as tools of terror. Compare the leadership. What were the driving ideologies in both systems and how did they differ? Compare Aushwitz and Tuol Sleng as incarnation of a Holocaust.
6. If?? ?Anatomy is destiny?, how can you explain gender inequality? And how does patriarchy relate to our understanding of family and family formation? Provide examples.
7. What makes humans accept inequality? Discuss. Give examples from three (3) specific cases.
8. Discuss the Marxist concept of Modes of production in relation to social hierarchy, with examples.
- 9. Why is the class system an open system of stratification? How is it legitimized? Compare the caste system of India with the class system of the Western world and provide examples from both systems to highlight your point.
- 10. List the symbolic meanings of the veil in several Middle Eastern countries and discuss how these meanings relate to the Muslim concept of Purdah and to other important values?
11. Why is the concept of race outdated and why is it still used?
?12. Are ideologies always at the root of social stratification? Why?
13. ?What are the major differences between the social structure of the Estates and the Class system?
14. Explain why Scientific racism and Eugenics were strategies adopted by the white majority American population against the African-American minorities all through the XXth century.
15. What are the major features of ideologies? How are they promoted?
Running head: ASSIGNMENT 1 Assignment
December 18, 2016 ASSIGNMENT 2
Assignment 1).There is a developing craving for investment in civil society and expanded...
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.