Hi, Can anyone help me with this assignment? Thanks. You need to watch the movie Apollo 13 directed by Ron Howard, 140min to answer the question. The information has attached in the documents. (Figure 16-2, Table 16-3)
Each student will submit a one-page P&G-style analysis memo with the Minimum Requirements (see below) as suggested themes to be addressed from the Chapter 16,?Leadership
Objective: Use the film to illustrate what makes an effective leader. Each film illustrates different aspects, although they do have some overlap.
- Explain briefly to the class what the movie is about and who the leader(s) is/are.
- Which characteristics of leaders are exhibited in the film? (see Figure 16-2)
- What are the core traits shown? (see Table 16-3)
- Why is the leader successful?
Utilize the 3 Themes of OB:
- Observable Artifacts:??what are processes/ acts you can "see" daily in the movie?
14 Points to Transform Management 14 points to transform Management
1. Create constancy of purpose toward improvement of product and
service, with the aim to become competitive and to stay in business, and
to provide jobs 2. Adopt the new philosophy. We are in a new economic age. Western
management must awaken to the challenge, must learn their
responsibilities, and take on leadership for change. 3. Cease dependence on inspection to achieve quality. Eliminate the need
for inspection on a mass basis by building quality into the product in the
first place. 4. End the practice of awarding business on the basis of price tag. Instead,
minimize total cost. Move toward a single supplier for any one item, on a
long-term relationship of loyalty and trust. 5. Improve constantly and forever the system of production and service, to
improve quality and productivity, and thus constantly decrease costs. 8/17/2014 Bruce F. McKinnon 2 14 points to transform Management
6. Institute training on the job. 7. Institute leadership. The aim of supervision should be to help people and
machines and gadgets to do a better job. Supervision of management is
in need of overhaul, as well as supervision of production workers. 8. Drive out fear, so that everyone may work effectively for the company 9. Break down barriers between departments. People in research, design,
sales, and production must work as a team, to foresee problems of
production and in use that may be encountered with the product or
service. 10. Eliminate slogans, exhortations, and targets for the work force asking
for zero defects and new levels of productivity. Such exhortations only
create adversarial relationships, as the bulk of the causes of low quality
and low productivity belong to the system and thus lie beyond the power
of the work force.
8/17/2014 Bruce F. McKinnon 3 14 points to transform Management
11. Remove barriers that rob the hourly worker of his right to pride of
workmanship. The responsibility of supervisors must be changed from
sheer numbers to quality.
12. Remove barriers that rob people in management and in engineering of
their right to pride of workmanship. This means, inter alia, abolishment
of the annual or merit rating and of management by objective.
13. Institute a vigorous program of education and self-improvement.
14. Put everybody in the company to work to accomplish the
transformation. The transformation is everybody's job. 8/17/2014 Bruce F. McKinnon 4
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
Solution~0001001790.zip (25.37 KB)
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.