2) The G. W. Bush administration used Seligman?s previous work on learned helplessness to
A. help devise its torture policy
B. help people overcome depression
C. help Seligman with his book ?Flourish: A Visionary New Understanding of Happiness and Well-Being?
D. develop PERMA
3) According to Seligman?s research, what is the correlation between being depressed and being happy?
4) How does an individual get more PERMA? (2 points for a minimum of 50 words)
Chapter 8, Activity 2, 5 points. View the following video, and thoroughly summarize it, explaining the concept being examined as well as what happened in the video. You need a minimum of 150 words.
Walter Mischel?s famous Marshmallow Test
Chapter 8, Activity 3, (ebook, p. 312) 3 points. Click the link to read the related article. Then review the synopsis below and answer the related questions
Synopsis:? Kathy Witterick and David Stocker have a four-month-old child, Storm. They have refused to identify whether Storm is a boy or a girl, and no one knows for sure except the parents, Storm?s older brothers (Jazz and Kio), a close family friend, and two midwives who helped deliver the baby.
1) Which of the following is TRUE?
A. Storm?s parents don?t know whether their child is male or female.
B. Storm?s parents have changed his gender from male to female.
C. Storm?s parents have changed her gender from female to male.
D. Storm?s parents are raising their child to be without gender.
2) Storm?s parents have decided not to do anymore interviews because they
A. dislike the articles that have been written so far
B. don?t want their children to feel like ?exotic bugs?
C. have already said everything that they need to say
D. feel like they made a mistake with their child and they don?t want any more media coverage of their choice
3) The American Psychological Association?s Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual Concerns Office stated that
A. the organization supports gender nondiscrimination
B. there is no research on raising a so-called ?genderless child?
C. there is no research available regarding potential harms or benefits of raising a ?genderless child?
D. All of these?????????????
Chapter 8, Activity 4, 6 points (3 points each). View the following video, and answer the questions.
- Write a summary of your reactions to the Heinz Dilemma as presented in this video.
- Briefly discuss what solutions you would consider for this problem.
Chapter 9, Activity 5, 6 points (3 points for each question with a minimum of 100 words for each answer)
Maslow?s Hierarchy on Needs
1) Describe each level and give examples explaining how you have met each of the first four levels (if you have not met one or more of the first four levels, explain what, if anything, you are doing toward meeting that level).
2) Maslow claims that few people reach the top level of self-actualization. Do you agree or disagree? Defend your answer. Then explain what you think a person should do to meet the top level.??
Chapter 9, Activity 6, (ebook, p. 299) 5 points. Click the link to read the related article. Then review the synopsis below and answer the related questions.
Synopsis: For every hour spent watching baby DVDs and videos, infants learn six to eight fewer new vocabulary words than babies who never watch videos. These products, like ?Baby Einstein? and ?Brainy Baby,? have the strongest detrimental effect around the time when language skills are starting to form, between 8 to 16 months. By the time children are two years old, almost 90% are spending two to three hours each day in front of a TV screen. Video watching is overstimulating for younger viewers, and the more TV children watch early in life, the shorter their attention spans become later in life. In order to acquire the stimulation for proper language development, children must have live, face-to-face interaction, and babies are not getting that via television. Therefore, the American Academy of Pediatrics issued a recommendation (in 1999) that no child under two years old watch any television. To improve language skills in children, children should receive daily reading or storytelling time with their parents.
2) With every hour per day spent watching baby DVDs and videos, babies scored about ______ on language skills than infants who had not watched these videos.
4) Many parents think ?I watched Sesame Street when I was younger, and I turned out okay.? What is the main problem with watching TV? (2 points for a minimum of 50 words)
View the following video, and thoroughly summarize it, explaining the concept being examined as well as what happened in the video. You need a minimum of 150 words.
Walter Mischel?s famous Marshmallow Test
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.