A company is experiencing lower than expected sales. The company?s executives agreed that in order to make up some of the lost revenue?s impact on the bottom line, expenses must be lower. One of the expenses to reduce was equipment that was purchased for $4,400,000 two years ago and which was estimated to have a useful life of eight years and a salvage value of $400,000. The company uses straight line deprecation, therefore, the company has recorded accumulated depreciation of $1,000,000 to date.?
The executives want the estimated useful life changed from eight to 12 years so that depreciation expense will be reduced. The argument is that the useful life was just an estimate and by changing it the company can be aligned with the industry since some competitors in the industry also use 12 years? useful life.
- - Identify the stakeholders in the case.
- - Determine whether the proposed change in assets? useful life is unethical or good business practice.?
- - Determine the effects of executives? proposed changes on the income before taxes for the year of proposed change.
- - State what you would do if you were in charge of making the change.
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.