A scholar of urban politics has argued that because the American economy is moving away from a manufacturing-based economy to a service-based economy, unemployment is a problem that plagues cities in the northeast region more severely than cities in the southeast region of the nation.?
To test this notion, cities were randomly sampled from both of these regions. ?Of the 8 cities from the northeast, the average unemployment rate is 9.7 percent with a standard deviation of 2.3 percent.? In contrast, the average unemployment rate of the 12 southeastern cities sampled is 10.9 percent with a standard deviation of 3.1 percent.?
What does this information imply for the scholar?s thesis?? Is there a difference between the two regions?? Employ a two-tailed t-test using a 95% confidence level.
For this problem:
- state your assumptions (assume that the variances are not equal) (2 points)
- state your hypotheses (2 points)
- compute the test statistic (use the formula in the slides) (2 points)
- calculate the critical value (remember to compute the appropriate degrees of freedom) (2 points)?
- draw a conclusion. (2 points)
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.