i want the solve in word doc BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBb
Assignment 3 week 9-week 11
Student Full Name:___________________________________ .
Student ID:__________________________________________ .
CRN No:____________________________________________ .
Branch: _____________________________________________. STATISTICS
(STAT-101) Total Points
True/False ____/6 MCQ ____/6 Short Answer ____/18 Total ____/30 Good Luck STATISTICS (STAT-101) Marks- 30
Answer all the Questions on the same question paper. Section-I
State whether the following statements are True or False. (6 marks, 1 Mark
1. A type I error is the mistake of rejecting the null hypothesis when it is
2. If P ?value is greater than ? (level of significance) reject the null
3. Two samples are dependent if the sample values are matched pairs.
4. In case of hypothesis testing for a sample, the t statistic is used if is not
known and sample size n is greater than 30 (n > 30).
5. A claim that two population proportions are equal, each of the two
samples must satisfy the requirement that ? 5 and ? 5.
6. In an unpaired samples t-test with sample sizes n1= 21 and n2= 11, the
value of t should be obtained at 10 degree of freedom. Section-II
(Multiple Choice Questions)
(6 marks, 1 Mark Each)
1. Area of the rejection region depends on ?
a. Size of ?
b. Size of ?
d. Number of values
2. A two-tailed test is one where:
a. results in only one direction can lead to rejection of the null
b. negative sample means lead to rejection of the null hypothesis
c. results in either of two directions can lead to rejection of the null
d. no results lead to the rejection of the null hypothesis
Page 2 of 4 3. A decision in a hypothesis test can be made by using a
b. Critical Value
c. A and B
d. None of the above
4. When carrying out a large sample test of H0: 0 = 10 vs. Ha: 0 > 10 by
using a rejection point, we reject H0 at level of significance when the
calculated test statistic is:
a. Less than b. Less than - c. Greater than /2
d. Greater than 5. A randomly selected sample of 500 college students was asked whether
they had ever used the drug Ecstasy. Sixteen percent (16% or 0.16) of the
500 students surveyed said they had. Which one of the following
statements about the number 0.16 is correct?
a. It is a population proportion.
b. It is a margin of error.
c. It is a sample proportion.
d. It is a randomly chosen number.
6. Two teams of workers assemble automobile engines at a manufacturing
plant in Michigan. A random sample of 145 assemblies from team 1
shows 130 acceptable assemblies. A similar random sample of 125
assemblies from team 2 shows 120 acceptable assemblies. The pooled
proportion for acceptable assemblies is:
20 Part-II (Multiple Choice Questions)
Answers (6 marks, 1 Mark Each)
5 Page 3 of 4 6 Section ?III
Answer the following Essay Type Questions (18 marks, 3 Mark Each) 1. A medical researcher claims that less than 20% of American adults are
allergic to a medication. In a random sample of 100 adults, 15% say
they have such an allergy. Test the researcher?s claim at = 0.01.
2. Suppose we would like to determine if the typical amount spent per
customer for dinner at a new restaurant in town is more than $20.00. A
sample of 49 customers over a three-week period was randomly
selected and the average amount spent was $22.60. Assume that the
standard deviation is known to be $5.50. Using a 0.05 level of
significance, would we conclude the typical amount spent per customer
is more than $20.00?
3. The scores on an aptitude test required for entry into a certain job
position have a mean at most 500. If a random sample of 36 applicants
have a mean of 546 and a standard deviation of 120, is there evidence
that their mean score is different from the mean that is expected from all
applicants?. Use a 0.05 level of significance.
4. Suppose a researcher believes that college faculty vote at a lower rate
than college students. She collects data from 200 college faculty and 200
college students using simple random sampling. If 120 of the faculty and
150 of the students voted in the 2016 Presidential election, is there
enough evidence at the 5% level of significance to support the
researcher?s claim? Use the following information to answer questions 5 and 6:
Given the following data of two independent samples of normally
Data Population 1 Population 2 n 23 13 43 41 4.5 5.1 ?
s 5. Test the claim that 1 ? 2 at the ?=0.05 level of significance
6. Construct a 95% confidence interval about 1 ? 2 . Page 4 of 4
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.