Assignment Purpose:? It is important for HIM professionals to understand the HIPAA privacy and security rules. This is a great networking opportunity.
Assignment Description:? Professional Interview
Step 1: Each student is required to locate and read two (2) different current (less than 3 years old) journal articles related to HIPAA, Privacy Rules, or Security Rules. The articles can be chosen from a periodical such as the Journal of AHIMA, For The Record, and Advance For Health Information Professionals or from a web site such as www.ahima.org, Herzing databases, or using Herzing Library
Step Two: Interview a Health Information Management Professional about HIPAA, privacy rule and security rules. At minimum ask the following questions, you may add more of your own questions.
- What facility do you work at (name and location) and what is your title?
- What is your job in the medical field?
- Does your job relate to HIPAA? If so, in what way?
- How would you describe the Privacy Rule?
- How would you describe the Security Rule?
- How does your facility fulfill the requirements of the privacy and security rules?
- Why is HIPAA important for me to learn while in school?
Step Three: ?Write a 2-4 page summary of your research findings and interview.
- Provide an executive summary of the article (an executive summary is a synopsis of all the basic information in a longer article).? The summary is to include the basic information in the articles, outlining the article?s purpose, methods, findings, and conclusions. Briefly tell what the article says at length
- Provide a summary of the information obtained in the interview. ?Be sure to include the name, title and contact information for the person that you interviewed.?Compare the information obtained in the interview with the information from the articles that you read.
- In your summary, create a policy and procedure outlining HIPAA?s privacy and security rules. (HINT: See sample policy in Health Information Functions chapter).
- Analyze and evaluate the information by including your thoughts and opinions regarding the subject. Answer these questions: how does this information relate to you?? What actions do you need to take now or will you need to take in the future?? Do you need to share this information with someone else?
- There are 9 security/privacy related 2014 Edition criteria in the ONC's Health IT Certification Program, criteria 170.314(d)(1) through 170.314(d)(9). This program certifies EHRs so that providers/hospitals can use them to become meaningful users of EHRs and obtain CMS incentives for doing so. Pick 1 of these criteria and discuss how it supports the HIPAA privacy and/or security requirements.
- The ARRA legislation introduce breach notification rules. Discuss the steps a facility must take when a breach occurs.
- Pay attention to grammar and punctuation issues that must be addressed.? Editing and proofreading must be evident.
- Cite the source of your information (using APA format). Use good sources. Professional journals, vendor web sites and scholarly sources are recommended. Avoid less scholarly sources like Newsweek.
Additional information for grading can be found in the written assignment grading rubric in the syllabus
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.