Calculating and Interpreting Elasticity
This analysis assessment has three parts. While responding to each part, make sure that you show the formula prior to your complete calculation. Listing only the final answer will not earn credit.
Part I. Using the midpoint method, calculate and interpret the price elasticity of demand for the following situation:
- When the price of oranges increases from $1.00 per pound to $1.50 per pound, quantity demanded falls from 500 pounds to 400 pounds. Calculate the price elasticity of demand.
- Is the demand for oranges price elastic, inelastic, or unit elastic? Explain.
- Calculate total revenue before and after the price change. How does that relate to the elasticity interpretation?
Part II. Given the following information, calculate the income elasticity of demand using the midpoint formula.
- Nancy's income increases from $20,000 to $30,000 and her consumption of spaghetti changes from 10 pounds per month to 2 pounds per month. Calculate the income elasticity of demand.
- Interpret the result.
Part III. Given the following information, calculate the cross-price elasticity of demand.
- The quantity of Pepsi purchased rises by 15% when the price of Coca-Cola rises by 30%. Calculate the cross-price elasticity.
- Interpret the result.
Net Cash Flow from Operating Activities = 208,500
Add: Decrease in Current Laibilities
Decrease in Income Tax payable 3,800
Add: Increase in Current Assets
Increase in Accounts Receivable 7,200...
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.