Someone please help me with this assignment, Thank you.
MATH 131 ? Unit 3
Class Activity 08/16 1. If you make just one 90% confidence interval will it necessarily capture the population value
you are estimating? ______________________________________________________
2. If you make ten different 90% confidence intervals, how many of them do you think will
capture the value? _______________________________________________________
3. Consider the experiment of rolling a single six-sided dice. Let p be the population
proportion (classical probability) of rolling a 2. What is the value for p ? ____________
Explain your reasoning.
4. ^p is a sample proportion (empirical probability) of 2?s rolled. Use StatCrunch or Minitab
to simulate the experiment of rolling a single die 200 times to find your sample statistic,
^p =__________________ StatCrunch
Select Fair Dice?
Choose a company
Click 100 rolls twice
The percent over the bar at 2 is your
sample ^p . Minitab
Select Calc from the menu bar.
Select Random Data.
In the dialog box, make these entries:
Generate 200 rows of data.
Store in column C2.
Minimum value: 1
Maximum value: 6
Click on OK.
Select Stat from the menu bar.
Type C2 in the Variable box.
Use the count next to 2 to find ^p 5. Construct a 99% confidence interval for p , the population probability of rolling a 2. Show
your work, using the value from StatCrunch or Minitab listed in #4. 1 MATH 131 ? Unit 3
Class Activity 08/16 6. Does your confidence interval contain the true value computed in #3? ______________
7. If 100 students form a 99% confidence interval, how many of them would you expect to
capture the true p value? _________________________________________
8. If 1000 students form a 99% confidence interval, how many of them would you expect to
contain the true p value? _________________________________________
9. If StatCrunch is available, select Applets, Confidence Intervals, for a proportion. Choose the first option and fill in the value for p that you found in #3.
Initial confidence level should be 0.99.
Initial sample size should be 200.
Compute How many of the intervals captured the population value (noted by the vertical line)?
10. Repeat the steps in #9 and change the confidence level to 0.90 (leave other values the
same), what changed in the width of the intervals illustrated? Explain why. 11. Repeat the steps in #9 and change the sample size to 30 (leave other values the
same), what changed in the width of the intervals illustrated? Explain why. 12. On the website Real Clear Politics poll data from a variety of polls is updated regularly. On
June 20 the Monmouth University poll results showed that of 721 likely voters 49% would
choose the Democratic candidate to win the November election. What is the margin of
error for this poll? Is the election ?too close to call?? Explain. 2 MATH 131 ? Unit 3
Class Activity 08/16 3
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.