Please finish 2 and 5 before the deadline. Please SHOW ALL WORK!
Math 342, Final Exam
due on December 7 no later than 4:00 pm
1. Consider the equation
x2 y 00 + xy 0 + (x2 ? 1)y = 0.
(5) Show that x = 0 is a regular singular point.
Find the roots of the indicial equation.
Show that one solution for x > 0 is of the form y1 (x) = x2 ?
n=0 (n+1)!n!22n .
Show that y1 converges for all x real.
Prove that it is impossible to find a solution of the form x1 ?
n=0 bn x , x > 0. 2. Consider the matrix ? 1 0
A = 0 ? 1 .
0 0 ?
(1) Compute A2 , A3 , and A4 .
(2) Use an inductive argument to show that n
? n?n?1 [n(n ? 1)/2]?n?2
An = 0
(3) Determine eAt .
3. Consider the initial value problem
y 0 = 2y ? 3t, y(0) = 1.
Use the fourth-order Adams-Moulton method with constant step size h = 0.01 to
compute an approximate solution in the interval [0, 1]. 4. Consider the system of equations
x0 = y + ?x ? x(x2 + y 2 )
y 0 = ?y ? x ? y(x2 + y 2 ).
(1) Show that (0, 0) is the only critical point.
(2) Find the linear system that approximates the given system near (0, 0). Determine
the type and stability of (0, 0) for the original system relative to the parameter ?.
(3) Show that for ? > 0 the original system has a single periodic orbit.
(4) Sketch the phase plane portrait for ? > 0 and explain how it varies with ?.
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.