i want to know how to do this problem. it is a structural problem about continuous system.
MEEM 5702 Final Exam Fall 2016 Consider the beam shown in the figure below. The beam is made of steel, 200 mm wide, 100 mm thick and 1000 mm long. The beam is simply
supported 250 mm inboard from each end in the Z direction. The beam is loaded at one end with a force, Z ( t ) = 25sin(2? 500t ) N (in the z direction). The damping is assumed to be approximated as
2% modal damping.
Determine the following:
1. The natural frequency and mode shape of the first 5 modes for transverse bending about the Y
axis (in the XZ plane).
2. The frequency response function (plot) for the response at the center of the beam (Z direction)
due to an input at the location of the force described above.
3. The total response (plot: displacement vs. time) of the beam at the center in the Z direction,
assuming the beam starts at rest.
4. Which mode of the beam is the largest contributor to the response described in part 3.
5. Which mode(s) do not contribute to the response described in part 3.
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.