i have to write an essay about the book Memorial by Alice Oswald . I'm very struggling to write it?
can you please help me out ? thanks in advance .
Here is the prompt?
Essay #2: Form/Content in?Memorial
We have discussed at length all of the many ways Alice Oswald is employing?form?in?Memorialin order to amplify the poem?s central meaning, from the way the poem appears on the page to how she is wielding her content. Through her use of various forms, Oswald is essentially reproducing?the act of visiting and walking through an actual physical war memorial. Sometimes she formats the poem to look like a wall of names.?Similes?(pastoral lyrics) almost always appear after soldiers??biographies?(laments/funeral songs), akin to walking from grave to grave. Similes are repeated for special emphasis (providing the reader a extra moment of contemplation) as well as to invoke the original poem?s oral qualities (reflecting how ancient Greeks would have almost certainly?listened?to the?Iliad, not read it). Most importantly, Oswald recreates the?enargeia?of the original poem through the use of similes and other metaphoric language, or how the?action?of the similes reveals or recreates the ?overwhelming reality? of the topics and concepts that are otherwise extremely difficult to truly describe or communicate (such as the adrenalin or bloodlust of war, the terror from receiving a mortal wound, or paralyzing grief).
Essay Prompt: In?Memorial, Alice Oswald?s chief aim is to create a war memorial for the dead soldiers in the?Iliad. How is she accomplishing this with form? What methods does she employ to communicate the poem?s central message, purpose, and meaning?
- Your piece should have an?introduction?that presents your argument (thesis) and provides context for your discussion of the essay topic. Your thesis should directly state what is the poem?s central message or purpose (which has to do with what?all war memorials are accomplishing).
- Your piece should have an?argumentative thesis that answers the prompt?and can be further developed with individual points. Your thesis should be one central opinion, not a list of multiple arguments.
- Your?body paragraphs?should have the following:
- topic sentences?that state specific ideas/opinions to prove and develop your thesis
- multiple, specific examples?to support those opinions
- thorough?explanation?of how each example supports the point of the paragraph and the overall thesis
- Your piece should have?a conclusion?that clarifies and discusses the significance of your overall argument and does not simply restate or summarize what you have previous written
- Your essay should correctly?quote?and explain multiple specific?similes?from?Memorial
- Your essay should utilize a range of sentence combining strategies, including the use of coordinators, subordinators, noun-phrase appositives, and relative clauses
- Your piece should be 4-5 pages long, carefully proofread, and formatted in MLA style
I got the outline for it but i can't really start introduction and the right topic sentences for the paragraph.?
Here is the outline that ive got for this essay.?
Running Head: CONTENT IN MEMORIAL 1 CONTENT IN MEMORIAL
Date Running Head: CONTENT IN MEMORIAL 2 Content in Memorial
The "Iliad" is the goriest of old ballads. Homer doesn't...
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.