decompose the profit (total) variance for the aggregate organization and for each product line into revenue and cost variances. interpret your results
Cases in Healthcare Finance
CASE 7 QUESTIONS
CASCADES MENTAL HEALTH CLINIC
Hint: Because of the large number of variances involved, this case can quickly become
unmanageable. The best way to deal with this problem is to focus on the variance structure
provided in Exhibit 7.5 of the case. The spreadsheet model for this case uses this structure, which
divides the variances into two general categories: revenues and costs. Most of the analysis focuses
on costs, and the variance definitions used in the model are such that a negative variance means
costs are greater than expected.
1. What is the aggregate profit (total) variance for 2013 for the business as a whole? Interpret your
2. What is the profit (total) variance for each of the four product lines? Interpret your results.
3. Decompose the profit (total) variance for the aggregate organization and for each product line
into revenue and cost variances. Interpret your results.
4. Decompose the revenue variances into enrollment and rate variances. Interpret your results.
5. Decompose the cost variances into volume and management variances. Interpret your results.
6. Now focus on the volume variances. Break these down into enrollment and utilization
variances, both in the aggregate and for the four product lines. Interpret your results.
7. Now focus on the management variances. Note that the case does not contain data related to
supplies costs or fixed costs, so the management variances are, in reality, staffing variances.
Break down the staffing variances into rate and efficiency variances both for each product line
and, within each product line, by inpatient and outpatient services. Interpret your results.
8. Summarize the results of your variance analysis. In this summary, focus on the underlying
meaning of the numbers as opposed to the numbers themselves.
9. Finally, what are your recommendations for management action to counter the adverse
financial trends experienced in 2013?
10. In your opinion, what are three key learning points from this case?
This question was answered on: Sep 18, 2020
Buy this answer for only: $15
This attachment is locked
We have a ready expert answer for this paper which you can use for in-depth understanding, research editing or paraphrasing. You can buy it or order for a fresh, original and plagiarism-free copy from our tutoring website www.aceyourhomework.com (Deadline assured. Flexible pricing. TurnItIn Report provided)
Pay using PayPal (No PayPal account Required) or your credit card . All your purchases are securely protected by .
About this QuestionSTATUS
Sep 18, 2020EXPERT
GET INSTANT HELP/h4>
We have top-notch tutors who can do your essay/homework for you at a reasonable cost and then you can simply use that essay as a template to build your own arguments.
You can also use these solutions:
- As a reference for in-depth understanding of the subject.
- As a source of ideas / reasoning for your own research (if properly referenced)
- For editing and paraphrasing (check your institution's definition of plagiarism and recommended paraphrase).
NEW ASSIGNMENT HELP?
Order New Solution. Quick Turnaround
Click on the button below in order to Order for a New, Original and High-Quality Essay Solutions. New orders are original solutions and precise to your writing instruction requirements. Place a New Order using the button below.
WE GUARANTEE, THAT YOUR PAPER WILL BE WRITTEN FROM SCRATCH AND WITHIN YOUR SET DEADLINE.